Internet, Email and Communications Policy
Why do employers need policies and procedures?
There are many reasons why an employer should have a suite of professionally drafted, legally compliant policies and procedures. Below are just three of those reasons:
- They aid in the smooth running of an organisation. Well-drafted and compliant workplace policies and procedures provide employees and managers with clarity when dealing with issues that may arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Up to date policies and procedures ensure compliance with current legislation and regulations and facilitate fast and efficient internal decision making.
- Policies and procedures provide a clear and certain framework that eliminates discrimination, promotes best practice, improves staff communication and expresses the organisation’s vision.
Do I need a lawyer to draft my policies and procedures?
No, but when running your own business it can be difficult to keep up with changes to legislation and best practice. We work closely with our clients auditing their policies and procedures on a regular basis or when there has been a significant change in the law. As such our clients are confident that their policies and procedures are up to date and protect and enhance their business.
How can EPR law help?
EPR Law will draft for you an internet, email and communications policy that sets out, in clear terms, how your organisation will deal with issues that arise ou of the use of the organisation’s IT systems. Our current policy will cover the following:
The policy will cover the following areas:
- Use of the Employer’s IT systems;
- Email use – General;
- Emails – Confidentiality;
- Emails – monitoring;
- Telephones – personal use;
- Telephone monitoring;
- Internet general;
- Internet personal use;
- Internet monitoring;
- Passwords and security;
- Company systems and data security; and
- Prohibited use and breach of this policy.