Health and Safety Policy
Why do employers need policies and procedures?
There are many reasons why an employer should have a suite of professionally drafted, legally compliant policies and procedures. Below are just three of those reasons:
- They aid in the smooth running of an organisation. Well-drafted and compliant workplace policies and procedures provide employees and managers with clarity when dealing with issues that may arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Up to date policies and procedures ensure compliance with current legislation and regulations and facilitate fast and efficient internal decision making.
- Policies and procedures provide a clear and certain framework that eliminates discrimination, promotes best practice, improves staff communication and expresses the organisation’s vision.
Do I need a lawyer to draft my policies and procedures?
No, but when running your own business it can be difficult to keep up with changes to legislation and best practice. This is why we work closely with our clients, auditing their policies and procedures on a regular basis or when there has been a significant change in the law. As such our clients are confident that their policies and procedures are up to date and protect and enhance their business.
How can EPR law help?
EPR Law will draft for you a health and safety policy that sets out, in clear terms, your organisation’s arrangements for ensuring it meets its health and safety obligations. Our current policy will cover the following:
- An introduction;
- General statement of health and safety policy;
- The organisation’s health and safety duties;
- The organisation’s health and safety objectives;
- Responsibility for health and safety;
- Information and consultation;
- Training and supervision;
- Accidents and first aid;
- Fire safety and emergency procedures;
- Computers and display screen equipment;
- Reporting concerns; and